It is a great issue and made me realize that for each new cooking magazine I receive, I should make a checklist of things to do or try. So, here it is:
- Try out foodie texting. For wine matches, text the name of the dish or the main ingredient to Ewine Match at 411511. Receive 3 suggestions in return.
- Eat more vegetables: Try out the recipe for Potato, greens and goat cheese quesadillas on page 58 and Pasta with peas, cream, parsley and mint on page 60. Mark Kurlansky's article on page 76 gives some insight into why I don't like vegetables.
- Cabbage - it stimulates digestion and the immune system, clears up your complexion and has loads of vitamin C. Try out the recipe for Cabbage & white bean soup with sausages on page 69.
- Cinnamon Rolls. Molly Wizenberg's new column is gonna finally make me subscribe to BA. Her recipe for C-rolls looks great. The article is good for anyone who fears yeast.
- Drink more Guiness. 125 calories for 12 ounces. Fuck light beer.
- A pint would probably go well with Potato soup with kale and chorizo from page 89.
- Next month's soup night is an "American" menu, and the Black bean chili with crispy pork and poblano salsa just might end up on the menu.