Saturday, January 10, 2009

Two Great Tastes...

There is a long list of places I've wanted to try in Portland. On a recent weekend excursion, we finally made it to Voodoo Doughnuts. I've seen this place on TV and read all about it. A big part of me was skeptical and wanted to hate it.

As it got later and later on our first night in town, we found ourselves in a small alley filled with bars and clubs. Our friend Scott was spinning records at one, so we enjoyed some drinks before heading out into the cold, crisp air. The unmistakeable aroma of deep fried dough hit our noses and we realized Voodoo was just around the corner.

I knew I needed to try the maple bar with bacon. Sweet Jesus! All I could think of was a take on that quote from Twin Peaks, "Nothing beat the taste sensation when maple bars collide with bacon."

Uploaded by http://www.cellspin.net/

No comments: