Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Feasting: Cold Beer Edition

I keep this 2-liter "growler" in my trunk for days like this. Sunny and nearly 70 are the perfect combination for a mid-Spring day in Seattle. And, the perfect reason for frosty, cold pints of beer.

On my drive home, I pass several micro-breweries. For about $10 you can get your growler filled to take home and enjoy. If you don't open it, it is supposed to stay fresh for days. I only buy it when we plan on drinking it right away. It works out to about 4 pints, which is the perfect for two people at the end of the work week.

If you don't have a growler, most breweries sell them (filled!) for you to take home. Then, all you need to do is keep it clean and remember to bring it with you when a brewery is nearby. I've had the growler pictured below for years. This most recent fill-up was at the Maritime Pacific Brewery. Their Flagship Red Ale is smooth and sweet with a mild hoppy finish.



No comments: