Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Feasting: Road Food

I am heading out the door, but had to write something about "road food." Gavin and I used to pack a bag of hoagie rolls, a bottle of dijonaise and two kinds cheese: pepper jack & cheddar. That was back in the days when Gavin had a '76 VW camper van though...and I was a vegetarian.

Fast forward to today, we still have a VW but it is a bit sportier (not to mention faster) than the camper van. Also, I only lasted as a vegetarian a few years.

Road food today has evolved to turkey, bacon, cheddar and ranch wraps. We make them before we hit the road and pack them in the cooler.

Today I am hitting the road to Eastern Washington with the girls, so I had to pack us some "road wraps." The cooler is packed and we are rolling out of town in 3, 2, 1!

No comments: