I was headed over to Rachel's on Tuesday anyways, so over a nice selection of Iberian cheese and vodka martinis, we battled in a game of Foodie Fight.
The questions are split into 6 categories:
- Foodiesphere - Food people, world cuisines, and food places
- Company's Coming - Party planning, table etiquette, and wine and food pairing
- Food Stars - Food on film and in print, music, and art
- Lab & Field - Cooking science, nutrition, and food production
- Dining Out - Eateries, chefs, menu matter, and restaurant service
- What's Cooking - Cooking techniques, tools, and ingredients
We were pretty evenly matched and I have to admit that I was pretty scared for awhile. Especially, when Rachel got this question: "What rustic French dessert is traditionally made with a cake or puddinglike batter topped with cherries?" And answered, "Clafoutis," without missing a beat.
In the end I won, but probably only because of how you earn the color-coded tiles, based on rolling the right color for the tile you need. The question I won with was not really cause a ball-spiking victory dance either, "What fast-food promoter wears a size 14 1/2 shoe?"